The Vía Primavera and Vía Provenza areas of El Poblado boast some of Medellín’s finest boutiques and restaurants.
Easily Medellín’s most popular and poshest neighborhood, El Poblado packs trendy hotels, hip fitness studios, and a buzzy nightlife scene into tree-shaded avenues beneath a striking mountain skyline.
Amid lush palms and flora, El Poblado also hosts some of the city’s best boutique shopping and dining options. In this article, we explore Vía Primavera and Vía Provenza—two avenues in the El Poblado neighborhood where you’ll find some of the city’s finest local shops, boutiques, restaurants, and cafés.
Located along Carrera 37, Vía Primavera sits between Parque Lleras and Provenza, a neighborhood located In Poblado, Medellín. As the heart of fashion and cuisine in Medellín, the leafy avenue is home to a colorful array of trendy businesses and innovative eateries. Here are some of our favorites:
- Maral Designs (Carrera 37 #10-28): Maral Designs offers eye-catching blouses, dresses, skirts, and other apparel crafted in Colombia.
- Caduto (Carrera 37 #8A-29): An upscale shoe shop, Caduto showcases a colorful array of designer footwear and leather goods. All products are crafted from Colombian leather.
- VidaMia (Carrera 37 #8a- 81): VidaMia’s tall storefront windows reveal racks of vibrant dresses, blouses, and accessories—all designed in Colombia.
- Lugo Lugo (Carrera 37 #10 – 32). This LGBTQ-friendly shop specializes in men’s apparel and accessories. The Lugo Lugo collection includes funky shirts, unique jackets, silky robes, and more.
- Alado Diseño (Carrera 37 #8a – 88): Alado Diseño offers stunning dresses and apparel crafted in its factory in Itagüi, Colombia. Alado fashion is infused with art and crafted with sustainability in mind.
- Pergamino Café (Carerra 37 #8A-37): Arguably the crown jewel of Medellín’s exceptional coffee scene, Pergamino serves up some of the finest espresso drinks and brewed coffee in town. A pioneer of high-end, specialty coffee in Colombia, Pergamino grows, harvests, and roasts its own beans. The café is decorated with wood and washed in natural sunlight, and it features a busy front patio that spills out onto the sidewalk.
- 37 Park (Carrera 37 #8A-4): It’s hard to miss 37 Park with its rustic outdoor garden speckled with log tables and illuminated by fairy lights. The restaurant-bar dishes out pub fare along with cocktails and beer.
- Bárbaro Cocina Primitiva (Carrera 37 #10A-23): A sophisticated steakhouse, Bárbaro Cocina Primitiva sizzles up thick Angus beef steaks and other grilled meats, in addition to seafood. Dishes can be paired with craft cocktails and selections from an impressive wine list.
- Café Velvet (Carrera 37 #8A-46): A popular spot among digital nomads, Café Velvet combines reliable WiFi and a quiet, serene atmosphere with coffee drinks and a comprehensive food menu.
- Restaurante Mundo Verde Vía Primavera (Carrera 37 #8A-40): Mundo Verde is a reliable go-to for healthy eats, including design-your-own salads, poke bowls, and wraps. To drink, there are house-made smoothies, sodas, and cocktails.
- The Wok (Carrera 37 #10a-19): The Wok serves unique dishes inspired by Chinese, Japanese, and Thai flavors. Their signature design-your-own wok bowl includes a base of rice or noodles and a choice of protein, veggies, sauces, and toppings. The crunchy shrimp spring rolls are not to be missed.
A quick, two-block stroll up the hill from Vía Primavera will take you to Vía Provenza on Carrera 35. This up-and-coming avenue is home to a number of hostels, as well as a growing number of shops and restaurants. These are some of our favorites:
- Fou Fuera de LO COmún (Carrera 35 #8a-44): Fou Fuera de LO COmún sells bright, tropical attire for men and women from Colombian designers. The shop specializes in vibrant shirts and comfy Aladdin pants.
- Medallo Beach (Carrera 35 #8A-66): Medallo Beach is a treasure trove of funky apparel and accessories. Stop by to shop locally designed blouses, shoes, undergarments, and gifts.
- Buenos Hábitos (Carrera 35 #7-83): Buenos Hábitos brings together apparel, accessories, and gifts from ten local brands—like Hiena and Taller De Hierbas. Designers are committed to the principles of sustainable design and conscious consumption.
- Biónica (Carrera 35 #8A 59). Founded by two friends with a passion for mixing art and clothing, Biónica is a Colombian clothing brand for men and women. The Vía Provenza location is intimate and focuses on apparel and accessories for women.
- Pardo (Carrera 35 #8A-85): An upscale menswear shop, Pardo outfits shoppers in Hawaiian-style shirts, bomber jackets, and tees.
- Lemon Tree Store (Carrera 35 #8a-24): Lemon Tree Store is a Colombian brand with locations in Bogotá and Medellín. The Vía Provenza store sells cheerful apparel, shoes, and accessories for women.
- The Sushi Stop (Carrera 35 #7-100): From a tiny, tea light-lit shop, The Sushi Shop serves traditional sushi and ceviche. The restaurant also offers inventive, Japanese-inspired specialties like Sushi Bowls and the Sushi Burger.
- Burdo. Burdo is a lively spot best known for its unique artisanal cocktails. Drinks are paired with hearty gourmet burgers and creative appetizers.
- Voilà Vinos (Carrera 35 #7-30): Voilà Vinos pairs an extensive selection of French wines with fine French dishes. Dinner and drinks are served by a friendly, knowledgeable staff in a warm, atmospheric space with a leafy, secluded garden patio.
- Naan (Carrera 35 #7-75): One of the city’s best choices for Indian food, Naan offers authentic renderings of classics like chicken tikka masala, yellow curry, and samosas made from scratch. To drink, there are staples like chai tea and lassi.
- Subula (Carrera 35 #8A-16): Subula doles out gyros stuffed with beef, pork, chicken, and veggies wrapped in warm flatbread. Gyros and filling Greek-inspired salads are served in a small, sunny front patio.
- Lobo Social Club (Carrera 35 #8A-30): A self-described modern steakhouse, Lobo Social Club specializes in slow-cooked juicy steaks and burgers. The menu is rounded out by a selection of house-made cocktails.
- Luna cafe & Restaurante (Carrera 35 #7-65): Luna cafe & Restaurante dishes out comfort food “made with love.” The bistro specializes in brunch foods like eggs benedict, french toast, and Belgian waffles.
Please note that due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19 we recommend you check the website and social channels for each business mentioned for the latest hours and availability before you go.
After a day spent shopping local finds and feasting on eclectic eats, you’ll want a modern, comfortable spot to unwind. We invite you to stay at one of our luxurious and fully-furnished Medellín apartments, many of which are just a stone’s throw from Vía Primavera and Vía Provenza.